It's been a while since I've added a recipe.....sorry, but life seems to get in the way of my best intentions sometimes. This time I raided my Mom's recipe box....she clips lots of recipes and is much better about trying new recipes than I am, probably because she is very social and is always taking food somewhere! Today's recipe is one she printed from the Cooking Light website and sounds really good although I haven't tried it yet.
CASHEW CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES
1/4 c. fat-free sour cream
1 T. light mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. curry powder
2 c. chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1/3 c. chopped celery
2 T. chopped dry-roasted cashews
1 T. finely chopped green onions
Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Add chicken, celery, cashews, and green onions; stir well. Serve on your favorite bread.
Note: When I make this I will leave out the curry powder and maybe substitute ground rosemary, and also leave out the celery. Chopped apple might be a good replacement. I would serve this on croissants with a tossed salad on the side.
- ► 2009 (46)
- Ten Commandments for Pets
- PINK FRIDAY TIME - Beach Cottage Decor
- It's another Show 'n Tell Monday!!!
- Summer Giveaway Winner!!!
- It's Pink Friday!
- Another kind of blog tag......
- Today's the day! 2008 SUMMER GARDEN TOUR
- Coming soon......2008 SUMMER GARDEN TOUR
- It's summer! and time for a blog giveaway
- It's almost Pink Friday again!
- Movie Reviews
- Show and Tell Monday
- Recipe of the.....ummmmm.....Week???
- My Trip to SW Oklahoma.......so far
- Pink Friday is almost here again!
- SHOW AND TELL MONDAY
- ▼ June (17)