Sunday, June 8, 2008

Recipe of the.....ummmmm.....Week???

It's been a while since I've added a recipe.....sorry, but life seems to get in the way of my best intentions sometimes. This time I raided my Mom's recipe box....she clips lots of recipes and is much better about trying new recipes than I am, probably because she is very social and is always taking food somewhere! Today's recipe is one she printed from the Cooking Light website and sounds really good although I haven't tried it yet.

CASHEW CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES

1/4 c. fat-free sour cream
1 T. light mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. curry powder
2 c. chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1/3 c. chopped celery
2 T. chopped dry-roasted cashews
1 T. finely chopped green onions

Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Add chicken, celery, cashews, and green onions; stir well. Serve on your favorite bread.

Note: When I make this I will leave out the curry powder and maybe substitute ground rosemary, and also leave out the celery. Chopped apple might be a good replacement. I would serve this on croissants with a tossed salad on the side.

Happy eating!

2 comments:

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Deb,
Thanks for stopping by...LOL wasn't that a hoot! Have A super week! I'll have to try your recipe!Yummy!!
Cindy :)

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

Hi Debbie!! I'm a nut for Chicken Salad, so I've got to try this one! yummy!

Here's the good news! Whoo-Hoo!! You guessed it right! It is the Parisienne set.. I'll be honored to add your name to the
"Tulle Delight" first prize basket, and you're also added to the second prize basket, by simply
commenting~ Good Luck!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and playing!
Big Hugs to you!
xoxox
Michelle

Powered By Blogger

STATS