Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today's the day! 2008 SUMMER GARDEN TOUR



Here are a few pictures from my country garden taken a couple of years ago. Be sure to visit Notes from a Cottage Industry to visit other bloggers participating in the summer tour today. The first picture is a coffee table I made in one of the sitting areas in our yard. It is an old chicken crate topped with a vintage tea kettle full of sweet petunias.





Azaleas, prairie sage and my angel birdfeeder.




Pots of herbs set on an old cast iron woodburning stove.











My angel garden full of pink primroses. The concrete angel was gift from my husband's family when my father passed away. The birdbath is an MIJ umbrella stand with the bowl from an old pitcher and bowl set placed on top. While the idea was good, we soon realized that we could only fill the bowl half full or the water was over the little birdies' heads.




This is part of the stone path we put in the "secret garden" behind our house. In the center is another garden angel among iris and chrysanthemums.




I started this Carolina jasmine from a little sprig and within a year it had covered the fence with its fragrant blossoms and pretty green vine. The flowers are actually bright yellow.





An old red wagon filled with pots of grape petunias and other blooming flowers.






I created this outdoor "picture" with an old window screen, some silk flowers and attached a row of hooks.


Here is my "flower bed". This was fun.....I painted an old cast iron bed and then filled it with iris and wild phlox.




Last of all, a trio of old metal lawn chairs.....perfect for sitting in the evening shade and sipping sweet tea or lemonade.

18 comments:

My Pink Boutique said...

What a lovely garden! The bed of irises and phlox is too cute!

Hugs, :)
Kimberly

Mersea said...

Such a beautiful garden! I'm not good with gardening but I sure can appreciate them!

Mersea said...

Love the garden! I am not a gardener but I do love a garden!

Anonymous said...

Your garden must be gorgeous. The photos are all so beautiful.

Sue said...

I enjoyed your cozy garden-love the screen door. These tours are fun because we get to visit new blogs!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You are so creative in your yard! It was all eye candy and I shall have to come back later and look again!
Brenda

Lilli Blue said...

I have a little garden on my balcony. I miss a yard. yeah... they paved paridise and put up a parking lot. My back yard is now a garage and 3 more apartments.
I miss digging!LOL
Your looks like heaven. Nice job.
Lilli

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your garden is beautiful. I love all the antique touches.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your garden is beautiful. I love all the antique touches.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Great job! I love your flower bed. Good night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite saying really would apply to this bed!LOL.
Hugs~Kelly

Susie said...

Fabulous garden especially your 'flower bed'. I've always wanted to do that. I just love this time of year.
Susie ~ The Polka Dot Rose

Jen said...

I absolutely LOVE your garden! My favorite is the flower BED!!!!! How CUTE!!!

Stop by and see me sometime soon :)

Jen

Kathy said...

Your garden is full of such unique ideas. Since I'm not that good in the garden, I truly appreciate the time and effort it takes to create something so lovely. Thank you for sharing. ~Kathy

A Lovely Thing said...

The outdoor picture -- love it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your garden! I want to plant something in our wagon too but I think my kids would protest! Maybe in a few years when they don't fit in it anymore! Thanks for your comment and thank you for letting us see your garden too!

Unknown said...

Your garden is such a lovely place to be! I especially love the table and screen door that you made....so pretty!
~Kelli

The Apron Queen said...

Love the bed! What a lovely garden! Stop by my sunflower garden if you'd like.

http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/search/label/gardening

joyh82 said...

What cute things and pretty garden you have. I love that little angel bird feeder.

Powered By Blogger

STATS