Thursday, October 4, 2007

RECIPE OF THE WEEK


MA BARKER'S PECAN PIE

This recipe is contributed by my friend and colleague, Julie Nelson....thanks Julie!

Here is what Julie says about her pecan pie: "It's the one I baked for a restaurant in Fayetteville (AR), Coy's Place. It was also requested for Tyson Foods Christmas party one year...that about killed me!! 25 pies in 1 day!!"

3 eggs
2 cups Gold Medal flour
1 c sugar
3/4 c Crisco
1 cup white Karo
1 tsp salt
1/2 stick butter
1/3 c water
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix flour and salt. Add Crisco and cut into flour mixture. Add water and mix together until it forms a ball. Put in 9 inch pie plate.

Beat eggs with mixer in a bowl. Add sugar and beat 30 seconds. Add Karo and beat 30 seconds. Add stick butter and beat 30 seconds. Add pecans and beat 30 seconds. Pour pecan pie mixture into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. DELISH!!
(Easy way to make the pie crust is in a food processor.)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Debbie,
This recipe looks great. I'll try it. My family calls my Pecan Pie the best there is. We'll just have to see how this one measures up.

Oh, and by the way, TAG YOU'RE IT!

You've been tagged! I was tagged by Cjan and now it's you're turn. Take a look at my blog and see what tagging is all about.

http://twosistersbathandbody.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing this recipe. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a "famous bake-ist". That's what I called it anyway. I loved watching my gram and helping her in the kitchen and she taught me how to make pie.

Hugs!

Powered By Blogger

STATS