Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Making a plan.....


Lately I've been snatching up all of the old chenille fabric, cotton lace tablecloths, and rose-printed fabric
I can find when I go to estate sales, auctions and consignment shops. I have a plan! All of this fabric will
be used to create something(s) new and shabby....yea!!!

It all began with me bringing in two or three pieces every few days that I would just leave on our usually
unused the dining room table "until later". Then one morning I stumbled into the kitchen for coffee and
lo and behold there was literally a mound of shabby fabrics covering the dining room table! Where did
it all come from??? Well, this didn't look very tidy so off it all went to the smaller guest bedroom....the
bed looked like a good place to stack it all.

That worked for about a week until company decided to come and visit.....there I was again, moving
and refolding all of that fabric. Hmmm....this was getting to be not so much fun. Off I went to the
local WalMart store where I bought two sets of clear storage drawers which work great to hold all
of my fabrics, trims and other miscellaneous items that will one day (soon I hope!) become beautiful
shabby quilts, pillows, and other creations made especially for my Cozy Cottage customers!

Check back soon for my next segment.......Putting my plan into action.....and see
what I'm creating with my stash of shabby fabrics!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

STATS